Voluntary Conservation Program
The Dillon Valley District encourages water conservation.
Voluntary water restriction are in effect from May 1st to October 1st.
- Outside usage is not allowed on Mondays.
- The water days for properties whose street address ends in an odd number are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- The water days for properties whose street address ends in an even number, including 0, are Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Outside usage is not allowed between the hours of 12 PM and 5 PM.
- DO NOT water the gutter or road. Make sure your sprinkler is only watering your lawn.
- Never run an open hose. Always use a nozzle with a shut-off.
- Hand watering, using either a watering can or a hose with a shut off nozzle is ALLOWED at anytime (no restrictions as to days or time).
- Don’t overwater your lawn; step on the grass; if it springs back up when you move your foot, it does not need water.
- Check out www.SustainabilityStandard.org for water saving tips.
In addition continue with:
- Only run your dishwasher and washing machine when full.
- Check all pipes and faucets for leaks.
- Put a jug of water in the fridge instead of running the tap until it gets cold.
- Mow lawns 2–1/2 to 3 inches in height—taller grass height encourages deeper root growth and better drought tolerance. Return mulch clippings to the lawn.
- Check out www.watersaver.org for the right amount of time to water your yard and additional water saving tips.